Week 1: Inspiration


Baby, by Pulkit Kamal (@fivemillimetre on instagram)

This artist makes really atmospheric work that ranges from neo-futuristic to gritty noir. Using Blender they create animated scenes that can often look like real life snapshots or 2D pixel videogames. They were one of my first exposures to Blender and were the reason I started practicing my own 3D scenes.




CANE, by Marco Holzinger (@eras_ttw on instagram)

Collaborating with graffiti artists and street brands, Marco uses styrofoam, spraypaint, and other assorted materials to recreate tags in 3D. I really like the bright colours and dynamic styles of graffiti and I think its a super cool idea to turn the 2D art style into a 3D sculptural project. 




The Swordmaster, Black Crow Miniatures
Sculpture by Raúl García Latorre (@raulatorre on instagram)
Painting by Jose David González (@josedavinci88 on instagram)

The painting on this really brings out the details of the sculpt and breathes life into a tiny piece of plastic. I think it was made using 3D modeling, plastic casting, and then painted with a combination of airbrushing and dry-brushing. I love miniatures in general, and its very satisfying to see a great collaboration of an awesome sculpt and a great painter.



 

Unbroken, by Jason Punsalang (@jg.punsalang on instagram)

I follow this artist on Instagram and enjoy their dedication to uploading a new sculpt of a new character every day. I think they use a combination of programs, but mostly ZBrush. 




Sprout, Ink and Marker on Paper
by Kristian Callan


I learned to embrace some of my stylistic interests and non-linear conceptualizing, resulting in an image I really like. 



 


The Guide, Pencil Crayon, Markers on Paper, Blender
by Kristian Callan

This was my first time trying to animate one of my creations and using different light diffusers and outlining effects to create a toon-style.

Comments

Popular Posts