Animation - Look! It's spheres!

 


This took me a while. I really wanted to do something that looped and used the colour gradient nodule, and despite spending many hours messing around I couldn't find anything that sparked joy.


I was super satisfied by being more organized through using grouping, labeling, and renaming.


For the longest time I was beating my head against trying to figure out how to get the central sphere to grow big and small in a loop. I could easily get it to go from list item 1 to 10 but then it would wrap back around to 1. I wanted to figure out a way to sort the list so that it went from 1 to 10 and then from 10 back to 1. It was very frustrating because I knew there was a way to do it, and I feel like I was always right on the verge of figuring it out, but I ended up using a workaround.


Instead of finding a way to reorder the list so it went up and down again, I just added a negative length to the line that the list ran up. So instead of starting small (0, 0, 0), growing big (0, 0, 50), and then getting small again (0, 0, 0) it is instead starting big (0, 0, -50), getting small (0, 0, 0), and then getting big again (0, 0, 50).


My final workspace was an organized mess.

Comments

Popular Posts